Saturday, July 11, 2009

An evening with the Unknown- Final Part

In the last part we saw how Karan and Sumit discover strange things in the motel and how Rahul gets killed following his commotion with that ols man. Now we go further to know the fate of Sumit who got trapped and the other friends. Here is the link for part 1 and part 2 respectively.




“Ooh damn, it’s a trap, kind of which is used to catch the animals,” I said. “What the hell is it doing here?” I tried to figure out the way to release Sumit’s foot. The claws of the trap had pierced into his left foot and blood was oozing out rapidly.

“This whole place is freaked out. I wish we had never stopped here.” Sumit said as he struggled to free himself from the trap.

“It’s not your wish that decides things here. You were destined to come here because I wanted to meet you all.” A regal looking man who was dressed in what seemed to be a long velvet robe spoke in a cheerful voice. He seemed to have appeared out of thin air.

“Oh my God! Where did you come from?” I almost fell back at the sudden appearance of that man.

“I was very much here, but you did not realize my presence. It happens like this always.” The stranger smiled.

“Can you please help me free him? We want to go to our suite.” I asked him.

“Free him? You want me to free him from this trap? I’ll surely do that. The man smiled sinisterly and pulled out an axe from his robe.

“What are doi..?” and I was silenced by chopping sound and the shriek which echoed in the corridor.

“Now he is free from everything just like your friend Rahul.” The man said as he disappeared into thin air.

Sumit lay in front of me minus his head. I had no chance of asking him about he did to Rahul. But I feared the worst must have happened.

In the suite, Aarti and Ashok tried to console Lavanya.

Lavanya went to drink water and opened refrigerator. There was no water in it. She heard water flowing from the tap in the bathroom. She went in to the bathroom but there was no water on the floor. She opened the tap but there was only hissing sound and no water came out from it. She realized that her finger got tucked in to the tap and she could not move from there.

“Ashok, Ashok help me” her cries for help made Ashok dash for the bathroom.

Suddenly water started flowing out of the tap and Lavanya slipped and fell in the bath tub and started to get drown in the spinning water. Ashok froze at the bathroom because he saw rapidly spinning Lavanya getting drowned by unknown forces.

“This can’t be true. I am again having a nightmare.” He said it to himself.

“You seem to have a problem with nightmares. Don’t you?” the voice of the same man who had met me and Sumit in the corridors made Ashok even more scared.

“Who are you?” Ashok asked.

“I am James. I built this place.” The man said proudly.

Suddenly everything was silent in the bathroom and water was calm as it should have been but there was no sign of Lavanya.

“What happened to Lavanya? What is going on in this place?” Ashok cried as he spoke.

“She is at peace just like your other friends. Now you should also join them.” The ghost named James said as he wielded his axe once more.

Ashok could not even scream and lifelessly rolled onto the floor.

Aarti fell on the floor when she saw Ashok and there was no sign of Lavanya in the suite.

I was startled to see the door of my suite ajar and the sight of Rahul’s body in the middle of the room and an unconscious Aarti lying on the floor made my head spin and I almost threw up when I saw Ashok lifeless body slumped across the bathroom door. Suddenly I heard Aarti mumble something.

I shook her vigorously and after couple of minutes she opened her eyes. She saw me and after giving fleeting glance across the room, hugged me and cried loudly.

“He killed Rahul.” She cried.

“He has killed everyone else. But I haven’t seen Lavanya. Tell me what happened here.” I asked her.

She narrated the entire incident to me.

“Let’s get out of here Karan. I don’t want to die. Please let’s go.” She cried.

“Yes Aarti, let’s get out of this place immediately.” I grabbed her and pulled her onto her feet.

“That’s so nice and compassionate of you Karan. But, how do you exactly plan to get away from me?” James’ voice boomed in the room.

He was standing in the middle of the door and he wielded his axe dangerously.

“Why do you want to kill us? What have we done? Please leave us James.” I pleaded with him.

“What have you done? You want to know your fault? Sure I have waited for fifty years for this moment. Sure I will tell you before I send you to hell.“ Just look into my eyes Karan and you will know everything. You will know why you all had to come here to die" James said.


I looked into those dark cold eyes and as soon as he established an eye contact, I was transformed into another world. I felt as if my head was spinning and everything turned dark around me and after what seemed like eternity, the spinning stopped and I found myself in the very same suite. I was startled to see myself, my friends and James sitted on a sofa and on the table in front of them were laying several wads of currency notes and a small pile of glittering diamonds. We all had wine glasses in our hands and James looked the happiest of the lot.

“Congratulations on the success of Mission Alpha, dear friends. We have done it and here on this table is the wealth which took us five years to get.” James addressed all of them.

“Hey James, let us settle the accounts quickly, I can’t just wait to become a millionaire.” The girl who resembled Lavanya said eagerly.

“Sure Lilian, I have it all sorted out. All of you are entitled to ten percent each which means rupees 1 crore each” James said.

“What? Only ten percent? You will keep the remaining 40%, am I right James?” the guy who looked like Rahul spoke.

“Yes, you are right Albert. However, you must not forget that it was entirely my plan and all the expenses incurred in carrying out the plans were met by me. You all were only hired by me to assist me. I had clearly told you all that you won’t be getting more than ten percent each so why are you trying to create an issue now?” James looked displeased at this argument.

“You know something James, that agreement is cancelled now and we all are getting 1/6th of the total amount each.” Michael alias Ashok spoke.

“What about me Michael? Don’t you think that I also exist?” James said angrily.

“Yes you do James, but, after five minutes you would not be alive and after dying you don’t need any money.” Peter alias Sumit said as he took out a gun from his pocket.

“What are you guys up to? You cannot deceive me and kill me like this! We have been friends since childhood and I don’t deserve all this. Have mercy on me!!” James pleaded with them.

“Sorry James. There is nothing called compassion or sympathy in our work. Goodbye James and may your soul rest in peace.” Peter laughed as he pumped three bullets into the body of James.

“This is not finished. I will be back guys and you all should dread the day when I come back for my revenge.” James said before his body stopped moving.

They all laughed and were happy that they were richer by several millions now. They immediately dug up a hole in the basement of the motel and buried James’ body there.

“He is free to enjoy the luxuries of his motel. Let’s go guys.” Rose resembling Aarti said.


I suddenly came back to my senses and the past was no longer there and I saw an axe wielding James staring at me wildly and looked even more threatening. I glanced around and the dead bodies of Ashok and Rahul made me aware of the reality.

“Now are you aware of your crimes Karan?” You know how you and your friends deceived me. I have waited for fifty years for this revenge Ashok. Your reincarnation is a proof that God wanted to give me justice.” James shouted.

“You cannot stop me James. I will take Aarti out of here.” I said and leaped at James. James grabbed my collar in mid-air and shook me off to one of the walls.

As a result of James’ grabbing my collar and throwing me to one side, my shirt was torn off and my Hanuman locket was exposed. James saw the locket and shouted.

“Oh no, where did you get this from? Take it off and I will not kill you!” James pleaded.

“Hmmmm, so you are scared of my locket? I am going to take her away now and you know you cannot stop me.” I said and felt relaxed and confident on knowing James’ weakness.

“She won’t go out of this place alive.” James said as he flung his axe onto the chain which held the overhead chandelier.

“Oh no,” I shouted and ran immediately towards her and jumped upon her and overturned to save her from the falling chandelier.

“Damn,” James shouted in anger.

I knew that this was our only chance to survival since I was wearing the locket and till then James could cause no harm to me at least.

The commotion caused by the chandelier’s fall gave me few seconds and I managed to veil Aarti behind the huge ancestral couches and came out to face James. I knew in my mind that I had Almighty on my side but I will have to get rid off James so that we can get out of this house alive.

James used all his powers to get rid of the locket which I was wearing, but never succeeded. Once, he punched me so hard, that I was thrown very close to the fire chimney. I took the burning wood in my hand as a protection cover from James and found that his body was very sensitive to the fire, so much so that his face skin almost melted because of the heat.

I threw that burning wood at James which missed him only by few inches and yet again he displayed his sinister smile. But I obliged too as James was never my target. I told James to just turnaround and to see for himself. The wood fell on the curtains and was on fire immediately and within few minutes, the entire suite was on fire.

James could not bear the heat caused by the fire and his body started evaporating. I lifted Aarti on her foot and jumped out of the window. There was a loud explosion later.

We don’t know what happened to us but when we regained consciousness, we found ourselves lying by the side of our hired car and sun’s rays falling on us. There was no sign of the motel or anything as such. I lost my friends but I was still alive. I kissed my Hanuman locket and drove back to the city with Aarti.



Disclaimer: All the names of characters, places and events are fictitious and bears no resemblance to any person dead or alive. Any resemblance is purely co-incidental and not real.

3 comments:

  1. Hey dear good one. Hope you have started working on your next article because i just can't wait to read it since you have already told me the topic. You got great imagination and i really love that. Anyways, keep up the good work and I'll wait for your next article. Do let me know whenever you post it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome dude....keep it up!! wats next?? seriously dude u have cool imagination...and yea i agree with niyati too..keep up the good work and frankly dude, even im looking forward to your next article now...btw i dont know the topic??? and y is that so dhaval??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha Ha...it ws jst lk an old Ramsay bros imagination...James(the ghost)scared of Lord Hanuman's locket ... i m nt able 2 stop myself laughin bro...bt jo bhi hai it ws nice readin such an imagination...Keep up Dhaval...definitely it'll kill ur time !!!

    ReplyDelete